End of Summer Reading Recommendations

If you read only one poem this summer, you need to read more poetry.  I mean, c'mon.  How long does it take you to read a poem?  (Wow, that fast?  Try to read more slowly.)  You really don’t have much of an excuse not to read poetry, what with the internet providing a plethora–I love that word– of poems online at no cost to you, the reader.

For instance, I suggest The Bond Street Review, whose most recent issue includes yet another example of my experimentation with the tanka sonnet, “Private Vertigo” (p. 15), as well as “Serial Killer” (p. 20).  If you browse previous issues–there are plenty of good poems & poets at Bond Street–you’ll find I have three additional poems in the Winter 2013 issue.  

Then surf on over to check out the inaugural issue of Broke Journalwhere my poem "The Distant Sea” appears.  Besides poetry, Broke also publishes fiction, if you're into that, so there's much for you to read. What's more, I like the layout & appearance of the magazine. It's a pleasure to see my poem here.

Many thanks to the editors of both magazines & many thanks to you, the reader, whose participation in the appreciation of poetry is likewise appreciated.

Comments