SVR

These days, most little magazines publish online, so I hadn't seen my poetry in an actual ink & paper magazine in quite some time.  Thanks to the editors of Suisun Valley Review, however, this week I received my copies of SVR in which my poem "The Distant Sea" appears.  The title--if you're interested & even if you're not, though I wonder, if the latter, why you're reading this--comes from Rilke's Letters to a Young Poet (Stephen Mitchell, trans.): 

"It must be immense, this silence, in which sounds and movements have room, and if one thinks that along with all this the presence of the distant sea also resounds, perhaps as the innermost note in this preshistoric harmony, then one can only wish that you are trustingly and patiently letting the magnificent solitude work upon you, this solitude which can no longer be erased from your life." 

It's a good looking magazine:  96 pages, perfect binding, color cover.  However, for some reason, my contributor's note was inadvertantly--one hopes, though conspiracy theories hold a certain allure--omitted, despite my having sent one twice.  These things happen--as evidenced by the fact that it did.  The way I see it, though, that lack of personal information lends me an air of mystery.     

Comments