Real Steel Or Reel Steal?

I may be flogging the proverbial dead horse, if that's what the kids call it these days, but before you answer the title question, you'll need to read my post "Rock'em Sock'em Robots:  The Movie" from May 18, 2009.  Go ahead--I'll wait.

Back already?  Whoa, what are you, a speed reader?  I barely had time to check my Facebook page & believe me, that doesn't take long.  Sheesh, over 700 friends & I rarely hear from anyone.  Will Rogers-- brother of Roy, I think--once said & he said a lot of things, "A stranger is just a friend you haven't met."  On Facebook, the converse often holds true. 

So anyway.  So I had an idea for a movie & it's possible that someone may have used--without my permission, I may add & indeed, I believe I just did--that idea in a movie, starring Huge Jackass, no less.  So?  So consider the copyright statute:

Copyright protection subsists, in accordance with this title, in original works of authorship fixed in any tangible medium of expression, now known or later developed, from which they can be perceived, reproduced, or otherwise communicated, either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.  17 U.S.C.102(a)

Real Steel?  Or Reel Steal?  You be the judge--I can't afford an actual one.  They're pricey! 

Comments